Kamis, 06 Mei 2010

Vinyl Doll

Vinyl-Doll
Vinyl-Doll
How to Reroot Your Vinyl Doll

Here is how to reroot your vinyl doll in the simplest way. There are many ways to do rerooting but this is the easiest way. To start take the doll's head off the body. Then start by cutting the existing hair as close as possible to the scalp. Be careful not to nick or scare the vinyl head. I then take a pair of tweezers and inside the head pull out all the extra hair until she has none showing. This step is important so that you do not get the existing hair in the process. Your results will turn out better and you will have less frustration. If the tweezers will not reach, you can use straight needle nose pliers or hemostats. A word of caution, if you pull too hard you can damage the scalp. Take your time and don't try to pull too much hair out at once.

When choosing your hair, KatSilk saran is the highest quality of doll hair. All dolls from the 1950's had saran doll hair. The quality dolls that you buy today are done with saran. You can use KatSilk nylon doll hair to save some money. It is not as high a quality but the colors are beautiful. When you get your hair, the first thing I do is inspect the package before I open it. I look to see if any stray hairs are stuck in the seal. If it is I cut through the seal to open the package. I then get a small box, like a shoebox and place the hair in it. I cut the skein at one place and remove the bands. I place the hair in the box and pull a small amount out from the edge.

Vinyl-Doll
Vinyl-Doll
Vinyl-Doll
Once you have decided on the hair to use, take your 5 inch Vinyl doll needle and thread 6 to 10 stands though the hole of the needle. Cut the ends of doll hair even. Use a good pair of small scissors to cut; then I moisten the ends and thread them. Use a very good light to sit by and I also wear stronger glasses that I buy at the drug store.

Take the needle on the outside of the head, go through the neck and up though the scalp. When you come out the top, cut the strands off from the needle and knot it tight. Now snip the extra hair no the other side of the knot being careful not to cut too close the knot or it will come undone. Now pull the strands up with your fingers until the knot is up against the top of the scalp on the inside of the dolls head. You just repeat this process until all the holes are filled. I use hair clips to keep the hair out of the way. I don't cut the hair or style it until I am completely finished. It is easy after you do it for a short time. Be brave and give it a try. Several words of caution, do not be in a hurry, use a good light, sometimes you will need a pair of needle nose pliers to get the needle out, and I use as many as 4 needles to do some heads. If you can do simple crafts you can do this.(EzineArticles.com)

Find out the other guide on Star Dolls.