Sabtu, 01 Mei 2010

Fairy Doll

Fairy-Doll
Fairy-Doll
Fairy Doll Spirits

I have spent the last few days researching the phenomenon of fairies, on-line, at the library and in my circle of friends and neighbours (some of whom now believe that I am a bit eccentric, just for asking). There are thousands of anecdotal accounts of fairy encounters from all over the world and across the centuries, some with video clips posted to YouTube, others with grainy photos shot in the dark. No-one has really produced any conclusive evidence thus far and yet the question still remains.

Are fairies real beings or just a repeating figment of the collective imagination?
The answer should be available by now, it's been over a thousand years since the first fairy sighting was recorded. However, it isn't!

Perhaps we don't have the answer because we can't accept what is NOT right before our eyes. A fairy, when present in your reality, is not actually visible to the human visual range. In much the same way as we can't see energy waves of TV, radio, microwave ovens, wireless digital devices etc., most of us can not see fairies. However, as with the other forms of energy that are too subtle for our range of vision to detect, this does NOT mean that they do not exist. Seeing may be believing, but NOT seeing is not the same as non-existent. If TV, phone & internet connections are real and yet invisible, then those invisible fairies could be real as well.

Fact of the matter is that some humans with more sensitive eyes, have nerve bundles in their eyes that contain a higher density of rods or sensors. These people can see energy fields and entities that others with the usual eyes can't. In days gone by, these people were thought to have dementia, compulsive lying disorder or some other social/mental problem. This rather primitive attitude towards the unknown or new concepts have been much diminished in the last century and nowadays, more and more people are willing to share their fairy stories with others and others are able to set aside their disbelief long enough to wonder.

Fairy-Doll
Fairy-Doll
Fairy-Doll
My interest in fairies came about as I designed a new website for a Fairy Doll Artist who wanted her own website to display her latest creations. I visited her, just before one of her gallery openings and was delighted to 'meet' all the latest shimmering, bedazzled little fairy folk that were posed on their little environments made of driftwood, shells, flowerpots and tree branches. The dolls had a definite presence, which I thought at first was the artist, as she is a very tiny, yet very powerfully present woman. When she left the room for several moments, I found myself alone with the dolls. I had the most amazing feeling of being welcomed to a small gathering of tiny but enormous spirits. The silence lasted a minute and then I could here the odd funny little remarks being tossed out with great humour! And then the delighted laughter that follows a good burn, well placed. The little rascals were mocking me! The artist returned and the little conversation hushed, as if the queen of their realm had entered the room. My wonder must have been written all over my face, because she looked at me strangely and then said;
"Did you hear something?"

I replied; "uhhh...I'm not sure what I heard. What is it?"

She said; "Sometimes I get a really strong feeling that my dolls have individual spirits of their own and that they whisper little messages to me from time to time. That is why I call them Spirit Dolls."

Well, I was astonished that two adults were having this conversation in the first place, as if we were talking about some noisy neighbours or something. I was stunned into an unfamiliar silence that pretty much lasted until I had to leave a few minutes later. I thanked her for showing me her fairy dolls and I silently thanked the Kindred Spirits that had allowed me to briefly hear their realness.

It was a few days later and after the fairy doll gallery opening when I spoke to her again. I asked her how the show had gone and she then told me an amazing story about one of the dolls and the woman that bought it.
She said that when she was packing one of the newest fairy dolls into it's box for transporting to the gallery, when she heard a tiny, yet distinctly whispered message.

"I am for dragonfly" the little voice said.

That was it, nothing more. She shrugged it off pretty quickly because the dragonfly, symbol or insect, meant nothing to her and she was rushing to get set up for her opening. She thought no more about it until a woman she had never met arrived at the doll show and chose that special doll that had 'spoken' to Daphne about the dragonfly. She to the woman for a few minutes while completing the purchase transaction and then decided to tell her what the doll's message had been. The customer looked totally shocked by what she told her and then related her own story.

The woman said that she had joined a spiritual group some time ago and had just that weekend reached the point in her studies where a special & individual spirit name had been given to her. The name she had been give was 'Dragonfly'.

Well now it was the fairy doll artists' turn to look shocked. Could her dolls actually have realities that were spiritually connected to persons other than their creator? Obviously so, if the doll had announced that it was "FOR DRAGONFLY" and then that same day a woman spiritually named "Dragonfly" had chosen that doll.

This small story, for which I want to thank the art doll artist for sharing, has brought my belief system just a little closer to being able to accept the 'fairy voices' that I hear in my own life from time to time. When I am able to be clear and uplifted enough to 'see' or 'hear' them, I now give them more credence and maybe even act upon their whispered laughing messages.

I also now see that it is most important for all of us to share our stories and not be worried about being thought of as a flake or a fruit cake. It is this intolerance of new concepts and adherence to outdated ones that keeps us all apart, in the dark and thinking we are alone. I believe that everyone of us has had experiences like this, but fear keeps us silent. If we are to climb completely out of the darkness, we must learn to talk to each other about the light.(EzineArticles.com)

Find out the other guide on Porcelain Doll.